I drove for a total of approx 5 hrs today (2.5 hrs one way) for work reasons. Got up at 6.30am and I managed to get out at abt 7am.
I always enjoy driving down M1 all the way to South Gippsland region...it's therapeutic for my soul.
I get to drive a relatively new car and has a pretty good sound system..which means I can have worship music blast! It's a time where I really pour out my heart to God in prayer and in shouts and in songs. If it wasn't for work reasons, I wouldn't have such liberty...and it's pretty expensive to go through a driving therapy with such high oil price.
Today I started with "You Shine" cd. I really love this song "With All My Affection". I kept on repeating this song till I know how to memorize it. And while the music went on, I was just conversing with God. Then, I put on another cd by Ray Boltz. Sang my heart out again...
In my reflections, I thought that whole life's purpose is to welcome and celebrate the coming of the King! The whole creation was created to display God's glory. It is a celebration! Even the work that I do is a mere teeny weeny part of the celebration of the life that God has given me. The morning scenery was very beautiful...I actually stopped my car on the roadside a few times to take photos...but ended with a flat camera battery in the end =(
When I stopped by for breakfast and read some local papers, there's this quote which I've seen before..."Life without adventure is not life at all". I guess I agree with that...coz FAITH is basically a Fantastic Adventure In Trusting Him (FAITH) ! What adventure are You leading me on Lord?
Thru this driving therapy, I basically came back to a position of deeper trust in Him...I told Him that I want to live by faith. I prayed for things for a few people that are very important to me and I trust that God will answer them. Not only that, I prayed that these people will share with me of what God has done in their lives. I don't have to tell these people that I've prayed for them wholeheartedly...I don't even have to contact them for the time being...all that I have to do is to pray for them and distance myself a bit from them for the moment.
I was reminded of one thing somehow...constantly in one another's presence may not be a good thing for any kinds of relationships, be it family/romantic/friendship, etc. This is because we are limited beings, which means that if we are around each other 24/7, it could end up draining ourselves. It's hard to bring in a fresh breath to the r/ship. It's only when we are away from each other for a while and acquiring life experiences that are varied and different, and then, when we get together again, that will result in the sharing of experiences and enriching the r/ship further. And only when you're apart, there's the element of 'missing each other'...which causes you to realize who are the important people in your life and helps you to refocus on things that are really important in your life.
I'm moving house in 3 days time (hopefully)...looking fwd to moving to my own house for the 1st time in Australia!
It seemed that this jumped out at me today in Matt 20:6-7... "Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?'
'Because no one has hired me', I replied. "will You hire me?"
"I have prayed that your heart may be filled with peace and joy and love and that His presence in your life will be very real. I've asked that you may be filled with wisdom such that whatever you endeavor to do, you'll be successful and effective, such that you will have more free time to spend with Him"
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment