Site Meter

Thursday, September 04, 2008

roller coaster day

Today..i woke up again at 5.55am...while on my way out of house, i saw my housemates have put the Ikea sales brochures at the doorstep...so, I just picked it up and had a good read at it on the train..figured out that I would need to get myself some nice furniture once I move into the new house. After browsing thru it, I've got a rough idea how I want my bedroom to look like. =)

I was intending to go to gym this morning..but when i looked at the skies at Southbank...i ended up deciding to take some photos instead...this morning was superbly beautiful!! The clouds were scattered in a way that is just magnificent. There was the morning sun that just slowly appear from behind the clouds. Then, the seagulls were just flying here and there. There were 3 balloons that appeared on the horizon. The waters on Yarra river were reflecting the sunlight...it was just brilliant... =) Ended up standing there out in the cold for abt 30 mins trying to take some good shots... heehe =)

So, the day began with a good note.

However, once work starts...it was a downward spiral.... *gahhhh*

Let me describe the morning routine:
1. enter office. Say 'good morning' to everyone i see.
2. press the 'on' button on my computer
3. open all my filing cabinets with my master key.
4. take my water bottle and cup and spoon and go make some nice beverage. My beverage is usually 1 cup of warmed milk +3 teaspoons of Milo + a teaspoon Nescafe. Then, fill my water bottle. Walk back to my office.
5. Pour cereal into my beverage. Start to munch munch munch.
6. Lift up the phone handset. Dial 'XXXX', then, key in password 'XXXXXX', then listen to voicemail messages...skipped through some, and then jotted down some notes which have action items that I need to take.
7. Then, log onto my computer. Log again onto my work email. Then, pops up x number of emails...read through them while keeping on munch munch munch.
8. Went to check my mailbox to see whether there's any mail for me.

Anyway, today was another crazy day...things all go haywire...non stop phone calls, meetings, emails, scanning, signing documents, mailing, photocopy, stapling, punching holes, filing, running up and down the stairs, taking lifts...BLAH!

At 5pm, i was just about to burst...was about to shout curses......was about to cry at that time...and then, just thought "Let's try some worship music"...I slammed my office door shut and started the song 'because he lives".

If you're interested, you can download the song here : http://www.defordmusic.com/becausehelives.htm

Then, after that I started to calm down again and was praying that God will help me see the bigger picture. God's in control. Even though that I wanted to burst out from within my heart and flaring my tempers, but I chose not to. A very unnatural thing for me to do. But somehow I just did it. I smiled. Again.

"I desire you...as simple as that."

No comments: