Site Meter

Monday, August 11, 2008

Reflections

I've changed my mind a lot lately...from the time I left Melbourne for USA to the time I've been back...it has been a great time of reflection and slowing down to think abt my own life..

I'm seriously thinking that this is a time for me to learn...to learn how to love others as much as Jesus loves me. Also, I'm embarking on a journey of learning for this next half year at least...it will be a time of introspection and a time of observation...I want to learn who I really am, what (or who) I really like, find out what God has already created...find out how wonderful this world is...to recapture a sense of wonder and awe like a child who hasn't seen much things and would 'WOW' at any new thing he sees. I want to see this world with a set of new eyes. I don't want to see this world with a pair of cynical eyes. I refuse to see the world with eye-filters that filters out faith, hope and love.

I want to learn what God is doing in my life, what he has done in my life and what He's about to do in my life. I want to learn to rest. I want to learn to communicate better with others. I want to learn to be a person characterized only by love.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

I want to learn how to be a 'more normal' human being. I want to learn the fine line between drivenness and rest. I want to explore a whole heaps of new things! Things on my mind now is: photography, cars (want to learn all abt cars), music (guitar/piano), etc. I want to learn how to have fun, since I haven't had fun for long time in my life. I want to add new elements to my character. It has only always been known as 'serious', 'hardworking', 'responsible'...but I need to add 'loving', 'caring', 'funny' , 'interesting' elements into my life.

I also want to learn how to appreciate the presence of those people that God has brought into my life. I want to tell everyone that I love them for who they are. I want to go to work and see each of my colleague as people whom I can serve, and see them as Jesus Himself...and that I should serve them as I serve Jesus...as if Jesus is expecting me to be a good project engineer and bringing him a good service.

Each person that crosses path with me is special. They are brought by God to me so that I can learn something from them.

I want to learn how to rejoice and ALWAYS REJOICE and keep a positive attitude towards life.


Looking forward to God's answer to my cry that has been ongoing for many years.


"Lord, may You transform me to be a man of love...to love others just as You've loved me...that's all I'm pleading for.."

No comments: