Site Meter

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Godly pursuit

I enjoyed the morning walk to catch the bus, although it was extremely cold today. I haven’t done this kind of walk for long time and just have to do it today since I’m collecting a hired car in the evening and hence couldn’t drive to the station in the morning coz I can’t drive two cars in the evening back home at the same time! I like walking, coz it helps me to slowdown and really think. I particularly enjoy traveling…coz that’s the only time that I will ever start to fall deeply into my mind and think about things.

When I got onto the bus, I chose the seat which is facing the opposite direction of where the bus is heading. The reason I choose this seat is so that I can see almost everyone’s faces in the bus and observe what they are doing. This gives me a view of what everyone’s doing and what kind of people we have in the bus. As I stepped off the bus, most people were rushing to catch the incoming train and I only heard one person saying ‘thank you’ to the bus driver. Suddenly, this reminded of the ten lepers who were healed by Jesus. Only one of them said ‘thank you’. The rest rushed off to do their own stuff. Although we paid for the bus trip, but still I think we could learn how to be grateful to the bus driver for performing his duties and not be like the other 9 lepers who didn’t know how to appreciate what Jesus had done for them.

I didn’t manage to squeeze myself into the train this morning, so I had to wait for another train to come. And at South yarra station, everyone had to get off the train coz someone had a medical problem and needed an ambulance.

Anyway, on my way to work, there were quite some stuff floating in my head. I was reading this book ‘Enjoying the Presence of God’ by Jan Johnson. It’s basically talking abt her own journey of trying to involve God in everyday life. I like this idea mentioned in the book…“When a young man is in love with a girl, he does not think of his beloved every instant if he has important work to do. But his devotion to her permeates all that he does with an overtone, and when a pause comes his mind naturally turns to the loved object.” Our r/ship with God should at least be of a similar tendency whereby our mind turns to God whenever so often we have a chance to do so.


“Lord, I have a lot of questions. The only thing that I pray for is that you will protect and guard our friendship and r/ship. Do not allow anyone and anything to destroy it or put it into jeopardy. Guard myself from her and guard her from me. Guard our hearts, such that we may not place one another above You. Grow us and mature both of us in our r/ship with You. Help both of us to seek You above everything else. Bring us together at Your perfect timing. Help both of us to be the right person for one another and help us to learn how to love one another with the love You’ve shown to us. Help us to cope with daily life’s pressures and depend on You to grant us victory. Help us to grow in our passion for You and for what You are most concerned about. Help us to break free from our past hurts from other r/ships and help us to learn to forgive others. Help us to have a breakthrough everyday in our r/ship with You.”

No comments: