Site Meter

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Coincidence?

Sometimes, I wonder where I'm heading with all these...interesting thing that happened at the church that i've been visiting these days...they are going through the same passages that I've been reading while on the train to work...

This is actually a post which I didn't want to post it originally...but thought that the coincidence of the message being based on the same bible passage should just warrant it being as worthy to be shared...

I wrote the following on the 22nd of Aug:
__________________________________________________________________
This morning was a crazy one...I barely missed the 6.22am train coz I decided to snooze a bit after my alarm rang...was just too tired and I want more sleep! And I had to take my clothes out of the washing machine but I didn't have time to hang them out! And thru the way, I was like "God, pls don't let me miss the train!!" And I prayed that all the lights will be green for me thru the whole way...and guess what?!? It did happen! hahaa.. =P I think I've set the record...I leave house at 6.16am and I can still catch the 6.22am train...of course, when I arrived at the station, I was like the fastest person to park a car and grabbed my bag and locked my car and ran towards the platform and STILL manage to validate my Metcard!
Thank God I caught the train..coz otherwise I wouldn't be bothered to wake up at 6am!

I read thru Matt 16 on the train today...One thing that struck me was the conversation between Peter and Jesus...Peter ACTUALLY SCOLDED Jesus! To put things into perspective, we can replace a few words. Peter scolded Jesus = scolded his Master = scolded his Teacher. And moreover, that just means he scolded God! This would have made headlines in the religious press of that time! The reason of Peter's dispute with Jesus: Jesus told Peter that he MUST go to Jerusalem to die. Jesus told him abt the things that must happen and of which he must do and accomplish. Peter grabbed hold of Jesus and pulled him to a corner and began to scold Jesus..."What has gone wrong with your mind?! You cannot go to Jerusalem! Why would you choose to die?! NEVER! NEVER go to Jerusalem! You should NEVER die!"

The more shocking response from Jesus is this: "Get behind me, Satan!" Jesus called his disciple Satan! "You're a stumbling block to me" Jesus' follower is preventing himself from achieving what he wanted to achieve. What's the reason behind Peter's quarrel with Jesus? "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Questions to ask today of myself:
- Am I being influenced by Satan in my dealings with God now? Should I really just accept these words 'Get behind me' as: "Peter...GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Should I just get out of God's way now so that I'm not blocking His ways?
- Am I a stumbling block to God in what He's trying to achieve? Am I preventing Him from doing a greater work in my own life? Am I stopping Him from revealing His glory among the people around me?
- Am I having in mind only about the things of men and not the things of God? Is my vision too focused on earthly things and earthly life?

The answers are obvious. I can only give an affirmative 'yes' to all of the above. I am Peter Koay.

"Just get out of the way..."
___________________________________________________________________

And i'm so forgetful these days...i promised a friend that I would be playing badminton with her group of friends...and I TOTALLY forgot about it! She rang me and when I see her profile appear on my mobile phone, I knew that I had totally forgot about it....such absent-mindedness! Must be the age factor that's coming into play..

I had been cooking curry chicken these days...coz I absolutely love curry...if you give me anything that has an element of curry in it, then, whatever that goes with it, I guess it should do for me.. =)

Mood today: Happy...bcz God's just wonderful....He always hears my cry to Him... PRAISE HIM! PRAISE HIM! PRAISE HIM GREATLY! COZ HE'S JUST SOOOO WORTHY OF ADORATION!


"Lord, the wait is worth it...the restraint I cast upon myself is worth it...my trust in You is worth it...Let me know that You are behind all these wonderful things that are happening around me."

No comments: