Site Meter

Monday, January 22, 2007

Life's simple truth

The simple truth to life is that we must die. Just as we come, we will go. Our death is not a matter of whether it'll happen or not, it'll be a matter of when and where and how.

I just got a shock when i heard that a pastor whom I know had passed away last November. I love his preaching, even though I heard him preached twice. He was so detailed and he understood clearly all the significance within the stories and he brings them out all so well and so relevant to our lives. If I had him as my pastor, that would be so great!!! But too bad......he's gone...

He speaks very good Cantonese as a non-Chinese.......anyway, he's only in his 40s, started a new ministry (online bible college), and has 3 kids and a wife...happy family....but , he has moved on...

his blog is here: http://dc1604.blogspot.com/

______________________________________________________________
His death has brought reality back into my vision again, i.e. i'll die anytime... All along (at least up to now), I think that i'll earn as much money as soon as possible, and then, i'll quit and retire early and serve God full time in whatever capacity...to help build the kingdom of God...but if i die early, i won't have anytime left to serve God in full capacity...

Somehow, God seems to be calling me into a totally different direction...I seem to resist His calling, but no one can resists God...You got to be kidding if you truly want to resist His irresistible call....Jonah cannot avoid God's calling...Moses couldn't when he thought thejob was too big for him alone to bear...Jeremiah couldn't when he attempted by saying he's too young...no one can resists His calling.

I only pray that God will show me clearly what He wants me to do, and I'll fully obey it...I want to see great things happening around me Lord!

No comments: